Sunday, July 26, 2009

Adaptations 1: Foggy Sculpture Fiesta



A new sculpture has gone up at Patricia's Green in the Hayes Valley.



It was created by Mark Baugh-Sasaki (above)...



...using fallen and trimmed limbs from trees in Golden Gate Park.



The sculpture was mostly paid for by a neighborhood group, the Hayes Valley Art Coalition, with some additional funding from
the Burning Man offshoot, the Black Rock Arts Foundation.



The opening party was very jolly, with free food, wine and music, but the evening fog and howling winds quickly drove me away.

3 comments:

Matthew Hubbard said...

So, twigs are the new marble, yes?

I like the look of it a lot.

Civic Center said...

Dear Matty: That does seem to be the case. And I like the sculpture too. More pics to come.

Jerry Jarvis said...

I just wish that San Francisco would invest as much in my neighborhood as they do the upper scale ones.