Thursday, August 18, 2011

Violent Foreshadowing



Even by its usual meandering standards, Episode 20 of FotoTales managed to wander all over San Francisco, including a lovely afternoon at Lincoln Park Golf Course above. One section reminded me that we were getting close to Episode 23, which starts with Opening Night at the San Francisco Opera and ends with 9/11.



While I was doing this daily photo project back in 2001, I tried to stay away from the sensational unless it was right in front of my face. During the three weeks before September 11, 2001, I kept running into random violence, though, including a crazy bicyclist who bashed in the windows on a string of cars in front of my apartment on McAllister Street above.

I'm not sure if Episode 20 even aired correctly this evening at 7:30 PM because I was onstage and forgot to record it. The episode is archived at the Bay Area Video Coalition site, though, so click here if you're interested in checking it out.

No comments: